Visit these fabulous Mediterranean destinations with Instagram-worthy views
If it’s pure luxury, stunning views and crystal clear waters you’re after, then the beautiful island of Santorini, Greece, is a must-visit. The chalky white buildings set against the blue sky and quaint cobbled streets provide the island’s iconic scenery. We love the boutique hotel Canaves Oia Suites in Oia, with its gorgeous infinity pool that looks across the Aegean Sea. The hotel offers stunning rooms, and some suites have the extra luxury of private infinity or plunge pools. Our favourite is the River Pool Suite, which has a swimming pool that runs through the middle of the room – so, make sure your camera’s at the ready!
• A Junior Suite with Plunge Pool at Canaves Oia Suites, inclusive of American Champagne breakfast buffet, costs from £314 per room, per night for two sharing in April. Book online at canaves-oia-santorini.hoteque.com.
Set sail in Croatia
Enjoy some of Croatia’s most remote islands on this tranquil boat trip, which is an Instagrammer’s dream. Highlights of the excursion include stargazing from the deck of your private yacht in Lovište, discovering Mljet – a Croatian island with translucent salt lakes you can kayak over – and daily snorkelling in the Mediterranean’s largest coral reef. Enjoy freshly prepared meals on board and head ashore for evening meals in some of the country’s finest restaurants – there’s plenty of picture opportunities waiting to happen. From stunning ocean views to the starry sky at night, this week-long trip will allow you to snap away to your heart’s content.
• Voyager seven-night yacht trip from Dubrovnik, taking in Šipan, Mljet, Korcula Island, Lovište, Vrboska, Hvar, Šolta and Split, costs from £527 for a June departure, including breakfast, lunch and a qualified skipper. Book online at Medsailors.com.
Fancy French Riviera
Gorgeous beaches, excellent food and that oh-so-chic vibe ensure the picturesque Côte d’Azur is the ideal place to get an enviable pic, and the four-mile stretch of Nice is an especially popular hotspot along the coast. The French Riviera has over 30 beaches, and extends from the airport to the Old Port of Marseille. There are several beach stops along the way, including Nice’s Ruhl Plage, and family-friendly St Laurent du Var, which is a short drive from the city. Classy Villefranche Plage and Beaulieu-Sur-Mer can be reached by bus or coastal train and are a nice change from the pebbly shores. Enjoy a walk along the iconic Promenade des Anglais, which is located beside the seafront and lined by grand houses. You’re bound to get that perfect shot here.
• Stay at the famous Hotel Negresco, which dates back to the early 20th century and overlooks the beach from the Promenade des Anglais, from £645pp for a three-night break in May, room only and with return flights from Manchester with Jet2holidays.com.
If you love exploring, then indulge in a walking holiday on the island of Gozo, which is rich in history and culture. Here, you can take in the variety of sights, from impressive coastlines to rugged landscapes on the second largest Maltese island. There’s lots to see, including the UNESCO World heritage site of the Ggantija tomb at Xaghra – the oldest freestanding temples in the world. You can also capture photographs of gorgeous rock formations, including the 60m-high Fungus Rock at the entrance to the Dwejra Bay, which is situated along the beautiful coastline. It’s a superb place to get the camera out.
• A self-guided seven-night walking holiday, staying at the Hotel Ta’Cenc costs £1,129, including dinner, bed and breakfast, flights and transfers. Book online at Headwater.com
Ibiza’s hottest hotel
Situated on the iconic sunset coast of San Antonio is the new boutique hotel Wi-Ki-Woo. The chic art-deco style is reminiscent of Miami’s South Beach, and the fusion of this with the unmistakable, Instagram-friendly pastel shades and Balearic white décor has created a buzz among sunseekers looking for the ultimate photo opportunity. The five-star hotel also includes amazing restaurants and sharing menus created from local ingredients, and the seafront promenade serves cocktails and Champagne. Plus, the vibe is perfect for a weekend getaway. Pick from deluxe rooms with sea views or poolside chalets.
• Rooms from £140 a night, not including breakfast. Book online at Wikiwoohotelibiza.com. Return flights from the UK direct to Ibiza start from £110 in May. Book at Ryanair.com