We’ve rounded up some of our favourite hotels with a difference
Sleep in... a bubble
For an unforgettable night under the stars, book a beach bubble at the Finolhu resort in the Maldives. The bubble is located on a secluded stretch of the beach and has a separate adjoining bubble bathroom. Opt for the romantic Dream Eclipse stay, and the bubble will be all yours to enjoy from sunset to sunrise.
· The bubble costs around £460 a night and includes a private beach, BBQ, and breakfast on the beach at the water’s edge. To book, visit Finolhu.com
Sleep in... a wine barrel
Wine enthusiasts will enjoy a trip to Porto, Portugal, staying in the most luxurious suite at The Yeatman, which features a spectacular raised four-poster bed set within an enormous oak barrel. This huge suite also offers incredible views of the city through your very own private telescope. The hotel itself has a 25,000-bottle cellar and a decanter-shaped pool.
· Rooms start from around £250 per night. To book, visit The-yeatman-hotel.com
Sleep in... an old prison
Enjoy doing time at this unique hotel, which housed inmates until 1996. The old cells have been transformed into stylish, luxury hotel rooms, although they do still feature the original chunky cell doors and bars at the windows! The hotel is located right in the centre of Oxford, and the castle is just a stroll away. The old exercise yard is now a lovely garden where you can relax with a cocktail.
· Rooms start from £139 a night. To book, visit Malmaison.com
Sleep in... a cosy pub
We love the quirky rooms at The Woolpack in Warehorne, Kent. This classic country pub is situated in the beautiful Romney marshes, and you only have to cross the lane to view the sea. On a clear day, you can even see France. The Woolpack has five bedrooms, all with a snug feel and roll top baths. Book the Honeychild room, as it’s full of luxurious touches and an abundance of cosy sheepskins. And make sure to nab a table in the restaurant, which offers great pub classics with a gourmet twist, like whiskey-glazed pork ribs served with a Jack Daniel’s sour!
· Rooms are from £90 a night for bed and breakfast. To book, visit Ramblinns.com
Sleep in... a car
Feeling exhaust-ed? Rest your head at this automobile-themed hotel in Germany. Taking sleeping in your car to the next level, petrolheads will find themselves in car heaven as they relax in beds inspired by old classic cars. After a night here, you’ll feel back on track.
· V8 Hotel Classic Motorworld Region Stuttgart is available from £130 per room per night. For more information, or to book, visit Hotels.com
Sleep in... a safari lodge
It’s no surprise that the Karkloof Safari Villas and Spa is labelled as Africa’s best-kept secret. The 16 luxury villas are nestled on a 3,000-hectare private game reserve and surrounded by picturesque waterfalls and rivers, which can be seen from comfort of your huge bed or while you chill in the bathtub. Don’t forget to catch the sunrise from your large private viewing deck.
· One night at the Karkloof Safari Villas and Spa costs £230 per person and includes breakfast and an optional game drive. To book, visit Karkloofsafarivillas.com