Bedgebury in Kent brings back its stunning one-mile light trail for a third year. Wander beneath the tree canopies with seasonal lights rising high into the sky, enhanced by a soundtrack of Christmas classics. Explore the light maze and see if you can find the giant baubles and snowflakes. The tunnel of light is not to be missed and is one of the most Instagramable pictures we have seen. Complete your walk with mulled wine or a hot chocolate and don’t forget to look out for Father Christmas along the way…
• The event will run from 20 November until 31 December. A family ticket costs £60 if booked in advance. To book your visit and to discover other festive trails, visit Raymondgubbay.co.uk
A Disney delight
Wrapped in the festive colours of Christmas, Disneyland Paris is a truly magical setting for this merriest of seasons. The glittering streets of Main Street USA.and the giant Christmas tree twinkling in Town Square will be back, as snowflakes fall and fairy lights illuminate the way to Sleeping Beauty Castle. You can also get a socially distanced selfie with beloved Disney friends – including Mickey himself – at Meet Mickey Mouse, and then head to Videopolis in Discoveryland to visit Santa’s festive workshop.
The Zen guarantee: flexible booking for peace of mind - Disneyland Paris is currently offering its guests the possibility to change or cancel their booking with full refund any time up to seven days before their arrival date (excluding insurance and transport fees). Further information can be found at disneylandparis.com
• Book with Walt Disney Travel Company for a two-night stay at Disneyland Paris from £375 per person, including accommodation at the 4-star Disney’s Newport Bay Club with access to the Disney Parks for three days and return Eurotunnel travel. To book, visit Disneyholidays.co.uk
The snow globes are back!
Grab your snow boots, Jimmy Garcia’s The Lodge is back! Experience a winter pop-up like no other in London with the return of the private-dining snow globes. Situated on its usual riverside spot along the Queen’s Walk on the South Bank, Jimmy’s Lodge offers the perfect location to soak up the festive atmosphere, offering panoramic views of one of the most iconic stretches of the Thames. They will be serving up a selection of mulled wine, espresso martinis and craft beer in the heated riverside alpine bar, alongside a feast of fondue, steak and classic French-style dishes.
• Lunch or evening three-course menu, £45pp. Each snow globe seats four to six people, and minimum spend for a snow globe at peak sittings is £360, off-peak is £240. Visit Jimmyspopup.com
Let loose at Legoland
Head to the Legoland Windsor Resort and look out for Santa on his sleigh ride around the resort, or catch the Harbour Lights Show at Heartlake City. You can even join the Lego Friends for a spot of carol singing, including all your favourite festive tunes. Make sure you head over to the Duplo Valley Theatre for a puppet pantomime and enjoy a performance of Cinderella. And don’t forget, you still get to enjoy all the permanent awesome rides and attractions as well during your visit.
• Tickets cost £29. Children under 90cm go free. Pre-booking is required. To book tickets, visit Legoland.co.uk
Travel on a vintage steam train
Enjoy a champagne breakfast aboard a steam train to really get you in the festive mood! Hop off the train and enjoy a stroll around the medieval streets of York or Lincoln. Once back on board for the return journey, you will be treated to canapés and a three-course dinner. Choose from standard or premium dining – prices start from £109 per person.
• The Steam Dreams Rail Co also offers the option of Christmas gift vouchers from £50 with a choice of over 40 nostalgic days out by steam train planned for 2021 to cathedral cities, coastal towns and historic sites across the UK. To book, visit Steamdreams.co.uk